Preparation time 20 minutes.
• 500g left over or freshly cooked Pasta we suggest L’Abruzzese Organic pasta twists
• 8 free range eggs
• 1 cup grated parmesan or grana pandano
• 250 g peas, podded and blanched in boiling water for few minutes
• 3 chopped Tomatoes
• 150 g pancetta or bacon chopped into small pieces
• 1 punnet micro herbs
• Extra Virgin Olive Oil such as local La Barre olive oil
• Vilux black or white truffle oil
• Salt and Pepper
• Rocket leaves to serve
1. Preheat oven to 200C.
2. Beat eggs well, add parmesan, cooked peas, tomatoes, ½ punnet of micro herbs and pancetta or bacon.
3. Mix well.
4. Add pasta and mix thoroughly.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Heat a small amount of olive oil in a large non-stick frypan with heat proof handle over high heat until oil is smoking.
7. Pour in mixture.
8. Cook for one minute and then place in 200C oven for 8-10 minutes.
9. Remove from oven.
10. Hold a large plate on top of frypan and turn frittata upside down on to plate.
11. Add more olive oil to the frypan, heat on stove and slide frittata back into frypan.
12. Place in oven for 7 minutes or until cooked.
13. Serve hot drizzled with Vilux truffle oil or cold with lightly dressed rocket leaves.